My passion in life

My passion in life

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Preaching the gospel


When I read these sections the one thing that I constantly go back to is the experience of going on a mission. It was something that I have always felt was very pivotal in where I am today. I grew up not really going to church and very active. I just really went through the motions of what needed to be done to make my parents happy. When I got into high school I was not thinking at all about a mission. I had always had a dream of playing professional soccer so I was focused on that. I knew that I needed to go to college to help that. One college that I found was very interesting and I found to be a place that I could play soccer. I was so excited to do that and to graduate from high school. The day before I was to leave college was the day that changed my life. I felt that I was making the wrong choice for some reason. I felt that I needed to do something else before I went to college. This turned out to be a mission. I told my parents and for the next 6 months I prepared to go and serve a mission. After I came back I was still given the opportunity to play soccer in college. Even though I didn’t get to play professionally I still believe that I was able to do what the Lord wanted me to do.
I think that this was the principle that was taught many times throughout these sections. Many of the apostles and leaders were sent to leave their families and to preach the gospel.  They did not know what to expect and where they were going but they felt that they needed to follow the Lord. I felt that if I had not followed the Lord that I was going to receive the blessings that I have had at this point in my life. This taught me that I was capable of receiving revelation and acting on that revelation. This is perhaps one of the most reliable principles of the gospel because if we cannot follow the counsel of the Lord then we are not able to know what we need to do with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment