My passion in life

My passion in life

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Break

So i have officially made it to the end of my college career. (so far) I am waiting to get my transcript in the mail and then it is off to gett my substitute certification. I am working on getting my teacher certification in Arizona and so I have to get my substitue first to start working at first. I had my observation the other week and right after the observation, I was offered a long term sub position at Mesa High School. The vice principal said that I would be teaching 3 classes of Algebra 1 and then what they call AIMS prep (required state test). I am excited but I am still waiting on word from them for more detail. If I start teaching in January, I will be really excited and I am really looking forward to it.

In the meantime I am spending time with my family in Colorado. I wanted to spend some time with them before I head back because I was not sure that I was going to get a job and so I didn't want to be stranded in Arizona without a job and money. It has been a week and I ahve am loving every minute of it.

I arrived on the 15th late night when Uncle Steve had already gone to bed. So in that case I had to borrow a pillow from my Grandmother and a blanket from the vast array of blankets that we have around the house. It was a long day and I crashed pretty early. The following day my brother Shane arrived. It was great to see him. On Tuesday my Aunt Jenny and her daughter Sarah arrived and from then on it turned into a trio of math people talking everything they can and want to about math. We had conversations involving homework, multiple choice tests, teaching polynomials, and so much more. It was AWESOME to say the least. Alyssa also arrived as well. The reason that a lot of the family was there was for my great grandmother who had passed away on the 9th of December. We had the funeral on wednesday and it was a good ceremony. I still remember a lot about her and I will miss her. It was great that I was able to grow up and get to know her as much as I did.

After the funeral, the other members of the family were stuck from the snowstorm on the previous day so they were unable to leave till Friday. With that being said it did not stop us from having some fun. We ended up going to the Denver Nature and Science Museum. It was great looking at all the exhibits and having the opportunity to push my grandmother around in her wheelchair. She made sure to tell me exactly when to move on and where to go.

Spending the week with family and getting to know some of the cousins that I have never really gotten the opportunity to talk to was definitely a highlight. Sure enough I was able to receive some interestinfg advice on girls from Alyssa. She made sure to tell me exactly what I needed to do and exactly how I made a mistake. I learned a lot and maybe this advice will benefit me. We had a lot of time to just sit and talk and enjoy each others company. It felt awesome and I laughed quite a bit.

Overall, I am beginning to really see that tru happiness cannot come unless I have a good relationship with my family. I have not been this happy in awhile and it is because I am able to enjoy life and to spend those precious moments with those that are closest to me. This week we celebrate Christmas and we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. It is a time we not only remember that great birth but also the opportunity that we now have to be with a family that loves and cares for each one of us and to someday find that special someone that will create a new family and bring others into our family. I cannot emphasize that enough.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment