My passion in life

My passion in life

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Journey into Adulthood



I just realized that it has been a whole summer since I have last written anything here. SO because of that I figured that I would write what happened this summer and what I have been up to recently. Summer was the hottest that I have experienced ever. I didn’t realize that it would be this crazy down here in Arizona. I found my first full time teaching job at Riverview High School. I am teaching 8th and 9th grade Math.

Personally I have been able to look at my life and realize that there were some changes that needed to be made. One big change that occurred was when I moved wards for church. I found myself not wanting to go to church and not liking myself for not going. I decide that after a few months of not going that I needed to go back in some way. I changed to a smaller ward and I have been the happiest I have been in a long time. I was immediately welcomed and I really starting to make some friends. It was a great choice and I am glad that I got the support needed to make that happen.

School was a difficult start but I have been able to start to pick up the culture and to help the students the best that I can. With my job, come a lot of things that I am unable to tell others outside of the school.  It is from the type of school that I am at. I have been able to connect with some of the students and to see the passion that they have to change their lives around and to find success. One thing that I find exciting is that at the end of the semester there are a number of students that are eligible to return to their home schools. It will be a bittersweet feeling when they leave because we have gotten to know them so well so fast and they will be gone in December.

I have met some good friends and I have really begun to settle down and start my career. I go to work every day and get home and get things ready for the next day. Before school started I felt that I was still a little bit of a child and hadn’t stepped into adulthood but now it is a feeling of full adulthood. Life has begun and I couldn’t been anymore happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment