My passion in life

My passion in life

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy New Year?



Life is interesting. As much as you try to figure out what is going to happen you can never really know the exact details. The last month and a half has been that exact case for me. I have tried to figure out where I would be in life and know what my future holds. I imagined at the beginning of January being in a High School setting teaching Algebra and preparing students for their AIMS. I also thought that I would be coaching a middle school soccer team. Looking back I have seen that none of those things actually happened.

When looking at the first part of teaching in High School came as a big disappointment. Before I went home for Christmas break I have an observation from a Vice Principal from a high school. After the observation he proceeded to tell me that they were looking for someone to teach a few classes of Algebra 1 and a few periods of AIMS prep. Over the break I waited to hear from the principal but I did not get anything. After coming back I sent various emails to him asking about the situation.  After a few emails I get a response from him that states that they are trying to see if they can fund the job within the school budget. He also stated that he would give me a definite answer by the next day. I wanted for a couple of days and the email had not come. I wrote back a few more times and still no response. To this day the principal has not emailed me back and not got into contact with me. So that slipped through and left me down here with no job at all. The panic starts to come and the stress as well. To go along with this the middle school soccer team went along the same effect.

After seeing that the high school job was not happening I sought out for a temporary job to hold me over for a few months while I figured things out.  So I applied to all the local grocery stores and waited for a response. I got a response from one place and they asked me for an interview. After the interview they told me that they were going to go with someone else but that they would train me as a cashier instead of night crew. I went through training after a couple weeks. After I worked for a full week as a cashier they told me that the person they had hired had already quit. So I worked that Saturday and I now just work nights. It is only 3 nights a week but it is something and I am slowly getting the money to survive.

Most recently today I got an email from a school district that I applied to sub in that said that they had approved my application. I finished the paperwork just now and I will turn it in tomorrow where they will schedule my orientation and I will be off and running. I am really looking forward to that since I know that I will be requested from the Junior High that I did my student teaching. My mentor teacher asked when they would be able to start requested me already. I really look forward to that day I get to go back and see the students I taught last semester.  

No comments:

Post a Comment