Well it is Mother’s Day and I have been
sitting here trying to figure out what I could write that would express my love
for my mother. I am not good with words and expressing myself. I feel that I
tend to disguise them more than I should. I guess to better help this I would
tell a few memories that I have of my mother. The first memory that I really
hold dear to my heart was when I was in high school. My mom has never been a
big fan of watching our sporting events. She was busy but she didn’t like the
intense violence and injury that occurred during the games. I was okay with
that. My junior year of high school I remember my Mom making the trip out to
watch me wrestle in Regions. It was only one event that I remember her going to
but I will remember it always because I wanted her to see all the hard work
that I had put into it. I succeeded that day because I knew my Mom was there. I
did not do as well as I hoped but I knew my Mom was proud of me either way.
The second event that I remember was on my
mission. It was the end of the 2 years that I was called to serve in San
Bernardino California. I went through my struggles but I was able to find the strength
to carry on. I had a lot of support from the family and I was ready to see them
again. I remember sitting at the home of the mission president and we were
finishing up dinner. I went outside to talk to some of the other elders and as
I opened the door to go into the house I saw my parents inside. I immediately
went to my Mom and gave her the biggest hug that I have ever given her. I was
so happy to see her. I knew that she was happy for me and what I had
accomplished.
The most recent event that I hold dear to
me is when I went to my twin brother’s wedding. I will also keep that occasion
dear to me because I was able to see my twin getting married to his soulmate
for eternity. I knew my Mom was happy for him and that I was going to have that
same thing when the time comes. I know that Leah will be a great mother as
well. She has a great example in my Mom as well.
I have seen the great example of my Mom in
the way that my sisters, and sister in law have raised their children. It is a
time to remember them as well. I love Crystal and Shauna for the type of
mothers they are. I do not know Charissa as much as I could but from what I
have seen she deserves mention as well.
TO ALL MOTHERS OUT THERE I SAY HAPPY
MOTHERS DAY AND I AM PROUD OF THE GREAT EXAMPLE THAT YOU GIVE TO ALL OF US HERE
ON THE EARTH.
No comments:
Post a Comment